We have prepared a guide as to some of the pubs and restaurants we have tried and enjoyed as follows:
- The Pointing Dog and Duck is a contemporary Mediterranean with interesting menu choices (including pizza), where you can get a DISCOUNT with your room key.
- Eastern Courtyard Chinese – huge menu choice, DISCOUNT with your room key.
- The Peacock, Bakewell has a massive menu with generous helpings of high quality, freshly cooked, locally sourced produce in a lively, busy, contemporary gastropub atmosphere.
- Rajas Indian attracts returning clients from as far as Sheffield, to its authentic food.
- Piedaniels is a high-quality restaurant with excellent food in a brightly lit restaurant.
- Newly opened is the Juniper Bar serving a range of tapas and unique pizza toppings in an inviting and relaxing atmosphere.
- For breakfasts and daytime you can’t beat The Old Original Pudding Shop
- Other places for breakfast include the Lavender Tea Rooms.
All these restaurants have our full recommendation for excellent food and service.
All are walking distance and they have websites.
We have negotiated discounts from some of the restaurants in town, please ask for details.